Boat docks and pavillion, Lake Mana[v]a, Council Bluffs, Iowa

Looking northwest at the Pavillion at the Grand Plaza which was built on the North Shore in 1885 with a saloon, restaurant and boardwalk. It was replaced by a dance hall in 1911, which burned down in 1926. The Council Bluffs Country Club can be seen in the background on the left. Lake Manawa was created in 1881 from a Missouri River flood. 1908 postmark. Number A5383.
This content, grinnell:16884, has been visited 130 times and downloaded 97 times.

Advanced Search