Main Street Looking East, Dallas Center, Iowa

Looking east on Main Street (now Walnut Street) with the firehouse on the right foreground with bell tower and the Brenton-Richmond Building (built 1901) and the J.O. Loring, Brenton Brothers building (built 1899). In 1881, the first Brenton Bank was organized in Dallas Center by William H. Brenton, a local farmer. Upon the death of their father in 1893, Charles and Clyde Brenton formed a team of Brenton Brothers. On the left is the McLean Building Number 1.
This content, grinnell:16964, has been visited 70 times and downloaded 78 times.

Advanced Search