6th and West (NW Corner) - 6th and West - Photo A

Primary tabs

Photographs of the house just west of the northwest corner of 6th and West St. The City Directory of 1878 has Mrs. A.J. Hamlin at this address. She is also listed in the 1894-95 City Directory. Changes to the original building included cutting off the SE corner bay window and making a picture window, adding a wraparound veranda with pediment and enclosing the former bay window. The roof was raised and peaked to provide an attic with window. One photo (B) is early, before the changes, and the other (A) shows the later modifications.