1407 Sixth Avenue - 1407 Sixth Avenue-Exterior 1

Primary tabs

Photographs of the house at 1407 Sixth Avenue. Built in1868 for Mr. Hobart, a lumber man. Hobart Street is named for him. Hobart had been a soldier in the 46th Infantry (100 days) and a local musician. Other owners included the Clifton Family, Lois Clifton Meacham and her sister. Lois Meacham's grandmother (Clifton) took off the veranda, cupola, and cornices, replaced the original floor-length windows and added a front stoop and porch. The house now has a number of apartments.,