1011 Broad - 1011 Broad

Primary tabs

Photograph of the house at 1011 Broad Street, built in 1895 for J. W. Billings, a local dentist. The house was later (1921?) moved to its present location on the north side of 16th Ave, east of the railroad tracks (1533 16th Ave.) At the time of the move it was stripped of its chimney and cupola. The house was moved by horse and block and tackle on 6th to Penrose, and then north on Penrose to 16th. Other buildings to occupy the original site on Broad Street were Van Wechel car dealership/garage, an St. Mary's Education Center.