1206 Broad Street - 1206 Broad-Living Room

Primary tabs

Photographs of the house at 1206 Broad Street, built in 1884 for L. E. Spencer, a banker, attorney and realtor, to replace the earlier structure that fell into its own cellar during the cyclone of 1882. The interior photographs are from the early 1900s when the house was owned by J. P. Lyman. During the latter part of the 20th century, the house was owned by John and Barbara Kleinschmidt. More information about individual photographs is available in the Grinnell College Libraries Department of Special Collections and Archives.