Public library, Bloomfield, IA

Primary tabs

Looking southwest at the Carnegie Library originall named after Andrew Carnegie who donated $10,000 to build it. The word "LIBRARY" is cut in a stone panel over the door. There is also a bronze tablet beside the door which states, "Let There Be Light. This Library the Gift of Andrew Carnegie, August 1913". The library was dedicated on August 13, 1913. The name was later changed to Bloomfield Public Library. Located at 107 N. Columbia, Bloomfield, Davis County, Iowa. Number 3194.