Quaker Oats Elevators, Municipal Dam and "B" Ave. Bridge, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Primary tabs

Looking northeast at the Quaker Oats elevators, the municipal dam and B Avenue from the Cedar River. The municipal dam was completed in 1918 and was constructed of concrete with hinged wooden flashboards along the top to raise or lower the effective height. This dam was removed when the new Five-in-One Dam was installed in 1978 as part of the replacement of the B Avenue, NE-F Avenue, and NW Bridge. 1921 postmark. Number 10259.