Oak Lodge, Bellevue State Park, Bellevue, Iowa

Primary tabs

The Oak Lodge was constructed in the late 1920’s by the Bellevue Country Club which oversaw a nine hole golf course adjacent to the park. In 1929, the Board of Conservation took over the Oak Lodge which was available to the public by reservation. In 1972, a new lodge was constructed on the Nelson Unit to replace the old Oak Lodge which, because of its age and deterioration, was not feasible for renovation (it was destroyed by fire in 1973). Number 9105.