Creamery at Artesian, Iowa

Primary tabs

Started in 1887 by J.W. Matthias and Son, it became the Artesian Cooperative Creamery Co., in 1890 when 33 area farmers purchased the business from Mathias. this one-story stone building with large smokestack was located on US Highway 63. A motorcycle with sidecar is parked out front on left with chickens in the yard. Number 3.