Cooper School, Grinnell, Iowa

Primary tabs

Looking north at the front of Cooper School which was built in 1889 and named in honor of Colonel S.F. Cooper, one of the first teachers in Grinnell who was also a Commandant of the Grinnell Troops in the Civil War. The building was closed in 1974 and sold to Grinnell College. The building was was razed in 1983. 1915 postmark.