Iowa Home for Sightless Women, Des Miones, Iowa

Primary tabs

The Iowa Home for Sightless Women was established in 1915 after many years of fundraising efforts by alumni of the Iowa School of the Blind and by prominent women in Des Moines. Due to the increased number of applications, the home moved in 1934 and 1948. The original house is still located at 1424 West 30th Street, Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa.