North side Main Street looking east, Coggon, Iowa

Primary tabs

Looking east at the Milo L. Ware store (foreground) and the A.F. Pillard Farm Machinery building (background). The man in the picture is pulling a horse-drawn Standard Oil Company tank. Coggon was founded in 1857, and had several names (Manhattan, Green's Mill, Nugent's Grove) before Coggon was chosen by Mr. T. Spaulding of England after his cousin William Coggon of England. Number P3.