Looking southeast from Park Street. Constructed in 1907 at a cost of approx. $20,000, Herrick Chapel was designed to house the college's religious services and to serve as a general purpose large auditorium which seats 700. The Christian Associations Building (Steiner Hall) is in the background.
Looking northwest. The first Grinnell high school was built in 1904. An addition that expanded the building to include junior high students was completed in 1921. 1907 postmark. Number 2363. It now houses the Grinnell Community Center.
The hospital was built as a home in 1875. The original builder used the building as a saloon before it became a hotel known as the "Stephenson House". Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. 1907 postmark. Dr. C. D. Busby purchased the hotel and made it not only his residence but also turned it into a hospital. He later closed the hospital, but continued to live there. It was later used again as a hotel and restaurant.