Outside activities at the sanitorium. Built in 1904, when Florence Brown Sherbon, A. M., M. D., her husband, John Bayard Sherban, M. D., and her father James Brown, incorporated the Victoria Sanatorium and Mineral Spring. 1907 postmark.
Looking southeast. Goodnow Hall was constructed in 1885, costing $15,700 excluding telescope ($2,125) and book stacks. Originally served as college library and astronomical observatory. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. 1907 postmark.
An aerial view looking east with the Pottawattamie County Courthouse on the left in the background. The historic courthouse on South Pearl Street was built in 1888. It was later declared unsafe and was replaced with a Modernist structure in 1977. 1908 postmark.
The Pavillion at the Grand Plaza was built on the North Shore in 1885 with a saloon, restaurant and boardwalk. It was replaced by a dance hall in 1911, which burned down in 1926. 1908 postmark. Number A5383.