Normal College, Newton, Iowa

Normal College was originally founded as a private school called the Hazel Dell Academy by Professor Darius Thomas in 1856. In 1893, the school was sold to Professor G.W. Wormley who moved it to a new location and named it the Newton Normal College. Business and teaching classes were taught there until its closing in 1906.
This content, grinnell:13532, has been visited 86 times and downloaded 93 times.

Advanced Search