Hotel Kimball, Davenport, Iowa

Primary tabs

Looking northeast at a 5 story brick and stone building. The Burtis Hotel was built in 1874 next to the Burtis Opera House. The new hotel featured its own train platform as well as telephone, telegraph and an elevator. In 1880 the name of the hotel was changed to the Kimball House and it was advertised as the "largest and best hotel in Iowa." The hotel was transformed into an apartment building and renamed the Perry Apartments. In 1939, the building was repaired from a large fire and renamed the Vale Apartments. The building was torn down in 1993 because it was structurally unsafe. It was located at 210 East Fourth Street, Davenport, Scott County, Iowa. 1908 postmark.