904 High Street

Primary tabs

Photograph of the frame house at 904 High Street, built in 1894 for Charles R. Morse. When Morse tired of his house at 531 Park Street, he moved uptown and built this house. A walk-through description of the house is given in the Grinnell Herald-Register articles, Requiem and Eulogy, published on September 15, 1988. Morse died in this house in 1905. Later owners of the property have been Ms. Hammond (librarian at Grinnell College), Sharp Lannom II, and Jan and Jacque Anderson.