Photograph of the house at 1011 Broad Street, built in 1895 for J. W. Billings, a local dentist. The house was later (1921?) moved to its present location on the north side of 16th Ave, east of the railroad tracks (1533 16th Ave.) At the time of the move it was stripped of its chimney and cupola. The house was moved by horse and block and tackle on 6th to Penrose, and then north on Penrose to 16th. Other buildings to occupy the original site on Broad Street were Van Wechel car dealership/garage, an St. Mary's Education Center.
|Related Item||Digital Grinnell|
|Related Item||John Kleinschmidt Collection|
|Related Item||Poweshiek History Preservation Project|
|Type of Resource||Photograph|
|Digital Origin||reformated digital|
|Classification||MS 01.39 Ser. 3 Box 1A|
|Access Condition||Copyright to this work is held by the author(s), in accordance with United States copyright law (USC 17). Readers of this work have certain rights as defined by the law, including but not limited to fair use (17 USC 107 et seq.).|