First Methodist Church, 5th and Park Street

Primary tabs

Photograph of the First Methodist Church at its location on 5th and Park Street. The church had a square tower about 50-60 ft. high and arched windows. The building was sold to the local armory and moved to make room for construction of the United Methodist Church building in 1895. The new site was between West and Spring Street on 4th Avenue (616 Fourth Avenue). It was used as an armory for about a year before it was destroyed by fire in 1896,