Up the Walk Palmer College, Le Grand, Iowa

Primary tabs

Built in 1878 and originally named the LeGrand Christian Institute, the building was closed in 1885 due to financial problems. It was reopened 1889 renamed the LeGrand Christian College, but financial problems persisted until a benefactor, H.A. Palmer donated a large sum to which the college was renamed in 1897 to Palmer College. The college was closed in 1912 when it was moved to Albany, Missouri. 1908 postmark.