Lobby of Montrose Hotel, Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Primary tabs

Interior view of the lobby at the Montrose Hotel with the reservation desk in the background. The hotel was built in 1906 on the corner of Third Street and Third Avenue and owned by hoteliers Jackson E. Montrose and Charles McHugh. The hotel was taken over by Eugene Eppley in 1917. Grant Wood was noted as painting murals for the hotel's mezzanine. The first two stories of the hotel were 16 feet in height, while the other four stories were 10 feet in height. The Montrose was demolished in 1988. Number 6481.