St. Patrick's Academy, Danbury, Iowa

Primary tabs

This St. Patrick's Academy building, built in 1908 by C.F. Mayer, a contractor from Humboldt, Iowa, replaced the white wooden academy built in 1887 due to lack of space. The new academy had a full basement and four floors. It was heated with steam heat and electricity. The first floor held high school classroom and an auditorium; the third floor held rooms for the nuns, the fourth floor or attic had several rooms for roomers who stayed at the convent. The building was destroyed by fire in 1910. 1908 postmark. Title supplied by cataloger.