Main building, Our Lady of Angels Academy, Clinton, Iowa

Primary tabs

The large "original" building, flanked by two smaller ones, comprised the campus of the Lyons Female College, a Presbyterian school dedicated and opened in September 15, 1858; it was the first institution of higher learning in Clinton County. The school was sold in September 1872 to the Sisters of Charity, a Catholic order in Clinton. Our Lady of Angels Academy, a boarding school was dedicated on October 2, 1872. In 1966, the school was closed. The buildings were demolished in the 1980s. It was located at 407 22nd Avenue North, Clinton, Clinton County, Iowa.