Wagon bridge crossing Nodaway River, Clarinda, Iowa

Primary tabs

Scenic view of the old wooden wagon bridge connected to the newer truss bridge. The river's name (as "Nodawa") first appears in the journal of Lewis and Clark, who camped at the mouth of the river on July 8, 1804. The name is an Otoe-Missouria term meaning "jump over water". 1909 postmark. Number D2206.