2322 Olive Street, Cedar Falls, Iowa

Primary tabs

Looking northeast at the home of Dr. David Sands Wright. Professor Wright taught the first English Literature class at the opening of the Iowa State Normal School on September 6, 1876. He went on to also teach Mathematics and Religious Education. Wright was well known throughout the state for his sermons and lectures, and was recognized as an eloquent and forceful speaker. The home was later purchased in 1941 by the Board of Directors of the school and served as a residence, chapel and student center for the College Hill Lutheran Church. The Wright house was torn down to make room for a new building in 1946. Series 732.